|Male||Female||Poodle weight today|
|Reservation Paid $||Balance Paid $||Shipping Paid $||Sales tax paid $|
Poodles, like many hypoallergenic breeds do lighten in color as they age. A red poodle puppy will be red when it is ready to go home. By the time your pup has 2 groomings it will be as bright red as it will get, and stay that color until it is about 2 years old, then begin to lighten. Each dog is an individual, so the final color cannot be known. But after lightening there is a significant visual difference in the hue between Red and Apricot. If at this time you are searching for a red poodle, do know that all poodles lighten (except pure white or absolutely black), if anyone should tell you that their poodles stay bright red, they are not giving you accurate information. The deposit is not refundable, unless your chosen puppy becomes unavailable. If for some reason you will not be able to take your puppy at the time you planned, your deposit will be banked for you until you are ready to take your puppy home. The Guarantee becomes effective when purchaser is in possession of the puppy.
To keep the Guarantee in effect you MUST take your puppy to your Vet within 72 hours of taking possession of your puppy and take a stool sample with you on the first visit. Collect the sample from the stool the morning of your vet visit. Or the evening before, put in the stool sample in a baggie and refrigerate. Ask your Vet for a “Well Puppy Check”. There is a 100% purchase price back guarantee for genetic conditions for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase. if your Vet finds a genetic defect, please text me immediately. My number is on one of the back pages of this Bill of Sale. See Health Guarantee for definitions and diagnosis of genetic conditions. We do not guarantee against organisms that all young animals/babies are susceptible to catching. For example giardia, coccidia, parasites, or kennel cough. Patellas are guaranteed only until your puppy’s first vet visit. A young puppy is very much like a human baby. Their tendons are very flexible and can be stretched out of place. Never let your young puppy jump off of the couch, bed, climb stairs or encourage it to stand on it’s hind legs. All of which can stretch the patella tendons.
To keep the Guarantee in effect the Buyer agrees to feed ONLY the food provided and the supplements recommended by the breeder, and fresh filtered water. Changing foods voids your guarantee and will definitely cause diarrhea. You must feed only this food for a period of 1 years, then when your puppy is 1 year old you can transition over a period of 4 weeks to an adult food of the same brand, for at least your puppy’s 2nd year of life. You will receive info on the adult food in information that will be emailed to you. The information that will be mailed to you is called Puppy Care Manual.
Take your puppy’s HEALTH RECORDS to every Vet visit. The next vaccinations due will be marked on the record.
Puppies will go home with the following:
- Microchip implanted and the instructions how to enroll the puppy in the the Lost and Found data base.
- Well puppy letter, showing the microchip number signed by our Vet.
- HEALTH RECORD
- Sample of Food. If coming here you will also receive the supplements. If puppy is shipped you will be emailed a list of food and supplements and where to get them.
- Pedigrees of both parents.
- Limited AKC registration. (Sold as Pet Only) Given at time of pick up or shipping. If the AKC registration is not provided at time of taking possession, you will receive it by mail within 30 days.
- Sire or Dam genetic testing.
- YOUR PUPPY HAS BEEN VACCINATED FOR SERIOUS LIFE THREATENING DISEASES, PARVO AND DISTEMPER, and treated for WORMS. We do not give heartworm medication here, as it is not active in this area. The remaining vaccinations to attain complete immunity is listed on your puppy’s Health Record.
We know that human babies are susceptible to getting human bugs i.e. colds, flu, sore throat, digestive upsets, chicken pox, common to baby humans born with an immature immune system. Puppies are the same. Your Pediatrician should be calm and supportive and refrain from unnecessary scare tactics if your child should develop minor illnesses common to babies. A good Vet as well will be the same, calm and supportive. If the vet you have chosen is not a calm, supportive, matter of fact vet who is willing to reassure you, may have employed a vet that may charge you for services not needed. If this should occur, my advice is to seek another more experienced practical minded vet who has been practicing for 20 years or more. Young vets are learning and could recommend/sell you meds or treatments that are unnecessary, or even harmful to your puppy. I do note this because it has been my experience that too many new owners are only given enough information from their vet to worry the owner, and therefore they are not able to keep these common canine illnesses in perspective. Only feed the food we have instructed you to feed. If you give any other foods than what we recommend, your puppy will be highly susceptible to an intestinal upset and develop diarrhea. This can be a viscous cycle. So please for your puppy’s sake and to keep your guarantee in effect, feed only the food we have recommended. It is a high grade professional food. Your puppy has done very well weaning on it.
It is possible that your puppy could test positive for Giardia Antigen. This is a marker that shows that puppy has been exposed to Giardia. So Giardia Antigen and Giardia are two different things. If puppy tests positive for Giardia Antigen, but does not have diarrhea, YOUR PUPPY DOES NOT NEED ANY MEDICATION for Giardia.
Medications for Giardia – a prescription for SECNIDOZOLE only. Secnidazole is the most effective drug to eradicate drug resistant giardia. Many Vets do not yet know about this very effective drug. It has been used for people for many years, but now it is being used in pet rescue operations. Because this drug is very effective for giardia it is less expensive then traditional treatments such as Panacur or Metronidozole. And one or two doses will eradicate giardia. If your Vet has any questions we welcome calls to our private line dedicated to Vets and will be happy to email them information on Secnidozole. VETS ONLY call 805 619 -0113. Vets can look up the use of this drug and the dose needed in their Veterinary Drug Book entitled Plumbs Veterinary Drugs.
Your Vet can order the compounded prescription for Secnidozole from:
RoadRunner Pet Pharmacy 623 434-1180 or Medications for Coccidia – a prescription for ALBON. Medication for diarrhea – human Kaepectate.
Kennel Cough – very much similar to human cold in dogs. Supportive care, keep warm, plenty of fluids, soak food in hot water to soften. Moisten only, dogs do not like mushy food. Puppy may need a prescription of antibiotics.
We welcome a calls from Veterinarians. Linda DeBlauw, direct line, ONLY for Vet’s to call 805-619-0113.
FIRST RULE – NEVER CHANGE YOUR PUPPY’S FOOD. IT WILL ALWAYS CAUSE A DIGESTIVE UPSET. YOUR PUPPY HAS WEANED VERY WELL ON THE FOOD HE/SHE WAS SENT HOME WITH AND NEEDS TO CONTINUE WITH THIS FOOD UNTIL IT IS 16 MONTHS OLD. NO SNACKS EXCEPT FOR TRADER JOES DOG BISCUITS OR MILKBONE BISCUITS. ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER TREATS UNTIL THE PUPPY IS 6 MONTHS OLD. IT IS NORMAL FOR PUPPIES HAVE SOFT STOOL AS DO HUMAN BABIES.
SECOND RULE – DO NOT LET YOUR PUPPY TOUCH THE GROUND WHERE UNKNOWN DOGS HAVE WALKED UNTIL IT HAS HAD IT’S LAST PUPPY SHOT AT 16 WEEKS OF AGE.
THIRD RULE – IF PUPPY IS TAKING ANTIBIOTICS DO CONTINUE TO FEED THEM THEIR DAILY PROBIOTICS/PREBIOTICS AS WELL.
FOURTH RULE – ALWAYS CONSULT WITH US FIRST BEFORE YOU AGREE TO ANY INVASIVE TREATMENTS OR PROCEDURES BY YOUR VET. We are committed to making sure your puppy adjusts to it’s new home successfully.
These actions will VOID your Guarantee
- Changing food, even if your Vet recommends it. (Your puppy has been weaned and raised on the recommended food).
- Treats use only Trader Joe’s brand dog biscuits. If you do not have a Trader Joes, then give your puppy Milkbone. Give them the biscuit whole as small pieces can be a choke hazard. After you have had your pup for 3 months, it will have adjusted to its new environment and you can feed treats sparingly. Do not give your pet any treats made in China, rawhide, or Greenies. Too many treats too often will give your pup diarrhea.
- We have a lot of experience in raising healthy, beautiful, Poodles. We know our breed and have a lot of practical experience in keeping them healthy and vibrant. We will be happy to give you practical advice. Your puppy should not need any extraordinary treatments to keep it healthy. (Feed only the same food recommended to you, DO NOT use prescription flea or tick medications, and give only minimal treats).
- If your puppy is having a health problem, notify us immediately of the the onset of a health problem. We will be more than happy to give you information to help get your puppy back on track. Do not allow any invasive treatments without first consulting with us for our opinion. Allowing invasive procedures without giving us a chance to give you input on the proposed procedure will void your guarantee.
- Toy Poodles will retain their baby teeth. When you have your puppy neutered, and is under anesthesia, that is good time to have your Vet extract the baby teeth.
- Applying liquid or giving oral PRESCRIPTION FLEA OR TICK medication* (See Below) to your puppy prescribed by your Vet. These medications are toxic to dogs. Just imagine if you were given and took a pill or had a drop of medication put on your skin, and there afterward for 1 month any insect that bit you would die. What does this say about the toxicity of these products.
- We do not pay vet bills.
We highly recommend that you buy pet insurance for your puppy. We will give you examples of two different pet insurance companies, American Kennel Club and Embrace. Dogs are just like people, you want to get your insurance before you may need it.
Buyer’s will be referred to as “I” on the signature below verifies that I (buyer) have read, understand and agree to this Bill of Sale. That I (buyer) am able to properly care for a new puppy and that all parties within my household and my landlord, should I have one, agree to add this puppy to your household.
Buyer Print Name___________________________________________________
Print zip code_________________________________________________________
Print Email address_____________________________________________________________
Linda DeBlauw, Owner-Breeder___________________________________________Date________
Scarlet’s Fancy Poodles